Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Youth

RESPONSIBILITY OF THE YOUTH

Probably one of my toughest lessons up to date is to accept my place as a little boy.

I'm often so bloated with a fat head that I feel as if I know what to do for the future.

Yet God teaches me, over and over again, by allowing me to fail repeatedly, that my plans simply take too little into consideration and are not in line with His will.

The problem of my youthfulness is that I can get so caught up in my little world that I forget who is the One in control. I can have dream after dream after dream about what the future holds.

God graciously wrecks these false hopes, intending for me to look up to Him.

Now is the time for submission and discipline, for being quick to listen and slow to speak, and for knowing that I'm young, narrow-minded, full of pride, and have much to learn.

My new motto for myself is: "Shut up, little Josh."

Just shut up and listen, for Christ's sake. Literally.

God rewards the humble.

Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
(James 3:13-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment