Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tired; Letting Go

TIRED

Hide me now,
Under Your wings. 
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand.

Find rest my soul,
In Christ alone.
Know His pow'r
In quietness and trust.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with You above the storm.
Father, You are King over the flood.
I will be still and know You are God.


* * * * *

LETTING GO

What does it mean to be a Christian?

In a way, it means letting go of everything you once loved, things and people that you held dear to your heart.

It means taking a leap of faith and forsaking the things you once thought you couldn't possibly live without. And you don't even take the time to say goodbye. You must leave those things unceremoniously without a backward glance.

It means trying to see an invisible God as greater than the things you can see.

Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
(Matthew 16:24)

We try to find a way around this. We try to find a more moderate way to live the Christian life, where there are some things that we are allowed to retain in our hearts.

But it just doesn't work that way. To God, it's all or nothing. You can't serve two masters.

And I realized that there are some things that God brings into your life simply to teach you to let it go. And so you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment