Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Phoenix

THE PHOENIX

In the cold pile of ashes, a faint orange glow grows in intensity. Barely noticeable at first, it gradually becomes brighter and begins to spread, slowly but surely.

Just when you wonder if it's the breeze that's causing it to glow for a while, a small flame erupts.

Here I come.

I feel the night lifting and a new dawn ready to break.

I see nothing in my way; the skies are clear. This phoenix is ready to stretch its wings and soar.

For certain, troubles await me in the clouds. That is promised me. But nevertheless I will take flight, for I am also promised victory.

I said I would set the city on fire, didn't I? To what degree my success will be is in God's hands, but for sure, I will do something.

Here I come. 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
(2 Corinthians 5:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment