Saturday, April 20, 2013

The End

THE END




The long row of people with beaming faces gave their final bow on stage, marking the end of the performance. The audience burst into applause. The end.

The end? A sudden emptiness gripped me, followed by despair and regret. It has ended.

The emptiness I felt was on their behalf. The joy they felt then would leave them feeling emptier than before.

And the regret was for what I did not do but could've done. I could've done something, but I don't think I've even seriously considered what I could've done for them.

But it's okay. As long as they're still alive, I still have the opportunity to preach to them.

Like the protagonist in the first play, I must deliver myself up to the consuming fire, so that the rest must can be saved.

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
(John 15:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment