Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Scars of the Christian

SCARS OF THE CHRISTIAN

I shamefully admit that I have close to none.

I was always a frail, wimpy kid. I'm terrified of pain, physical or emotional. I always try to take the comfortable route.

I find that some part of me wishes that my Christian life will be comfortable. Just enough discomfort to make me seem like I've done my part, but oh, not too much! I can't stand that! How do you expect anyone to stand that?

What am I thinking? Is my worship even sincere? I rejoice at the glory but shrivel at the sight of tribulation.

This folly must end. Time to step into the battlefield and earn some serious wounds.

Why?

Because Christ loves me. He really loves me. And He deserves what He commands of me.

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
(1 Peter 4:12-14)

For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,
(Philippians 1:29)


Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name.
(Acts 5:41) 


No comments:

Post a Comment