Saturday, January 25, 2014

Worship

LIVING FOR SUNDAYS

I feel like a piece of junk.

I was severely sick on Monday, and for some reason the recovery process took the entire week. My muscles, especially my leg muscles, were aching until today. I was so exhausted, my writing looked like a kindergartener's because I couldn't hold the pen firmly enough. And I just kept sleeping.

The entire week gone by in my dreams. I was just so tired.

I really had a lot of dreams. I couldn't remember any of them.

I realize I had left something out in the way I tried to schedule my life. I did not set the Sabbath apart as the day of the week. I did not root my entire life in Sunday worship. And just recently, I realized that I should. And I realized that it would be such a blessing.

Sunday is turning out to be the best day of the week now. Truly, when all you have to do is hear God's Word and praise His works, what more can you want? It's rest!

I recognize that this may also become a boost to my stamina. When I have a goal like this to work for, I can work harder and more efficiently. With Sunday in view, the other six days would be fruitful. I wouldn't be as lazy as I now am.

Tomorrow is Sunday. Thank God for His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment