Thursday, March 28, 2013

O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go

CHRIST, THE GLORY OF GOD

The three days have ended.

Two of the people I expected to join us couldn't make it, for their own reasons.

During these three days, the three of us spent almost all of our time contemplating things in relation to the Word of God. Each morning till evening we would jot down some important information about books of the Bible, and each night we would go for Samuel Ling's apologetics class.

I suppose that my greatest benefit from our three-day search was seeing for myself that the glory of God is found throughout the entire Bible.

I have already been taught long ago that the second person of the Trinity is the glory of God manifested to mankind. God is Spirit, invisible to our eyes, but in eternity God will live among us through Christ, and the invisible qualities of God will be made manifest to us through Him.

I was always so frustrated when reading the Scriptures because I only pictured glory as an abstract quality. The more I simplified things into words like "justice", "holiness", "faithfulness", the less glorious it became.

But thanks to the guidance of God throughout these few days, I find that I've been going in the wrong direction, pursuing abstractness instead of a clear, understandable manifestation of the qualities of God in Christ.

And also thanks to the work of other saints, I was taught how to find Christ from the very beginning of the Bible's books and onwards. At some point, I found out what it meant for me; it meant that in the things that typify Christ, all the great, glorious qualities are God's. And I can understand them.

I am hopeful of my future Scripture readings. I am hopeful that I will actually be able to produce worship in response to the beauty I will find.

I am hopeful that God's glory will fill my heart and replace all those deceptive desires.

There's a song that we sung at the apologetics class, and the lyrics are beautiful. The song is called "O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go".

Thank You, thank You, thank You for loving me and not letting me go.

O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe,
That in Thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

O Light that foll'west all my way,
I yield my flick'ring torch to Thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in Thy sunshine's blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me thru pain,
I cannot close my heart to Thee;
I trace the rainbow thru the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain
That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from Thee;
I lay in dust life's glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.

No comments:

Post a Comment