Thursday, March 14, 2013

Guilt; The Word

GUILT

Fight sin, not guilt. It's not the same thing. Anyone can fight guilt.

Anyone can wrestle down his guilt by changing his actions and making himself feel as if he were actually righteous deep inside. You just have to be proud enough to think that you're not actually evil.

But you, O Christian, have the power of Christ's Resurrection in you. Let not your fight be self-deception.

"But I'm not sure if I'm saved," squeaks a little voice in my head as I write this. "How can I know if I have power over sin?"

Prove to yourself your election instead of waiting for it. What else can you do?

Don't strive to prove that you're not as evil as your guilt declares you to be. Don't let your struggle be to sweep everything under the rug.

Face it. Face the reality of your ugliness. Because only then will you deal with it as it is, as you should. Only then will you give up on what you call your own righteousness and look to what is done on the cross.

I have been given a new heart at my rebirth. I can love justice, and choose what is right. I will fight my sin because I have been given the power to.

God help me.

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
(Galatians 2:20)


* * * * *

THE WORD OF GOD

It is so simple, and yet so unacceptable for some reason. Can this be it?

Still, it's not like I'm completely without His Word; many verses and doctrines are already in my head.

I think, however, that I might be so occupied with trivial, complex issues that I forget the simple truths that are for the fool. I think. I think...

And that's why I can't be sure. I'm just thinking. But my mind isn't God's mind. This might just be one of those trivial things.

One thing is for sure, though. I've been in great lack of the glory of God. When was the last time I feasted? I must immerse myself in the Bible. I need it. I need worship.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
(Psalm 119:105)

No comments:

Post a Comment