Friday, February 21, 2014

Divine Classes; Prayer and Thought

LESSONS OF THE GOOD AND GENTLE SPIRIT

If I had to name two lessons that God is teaching me in this season of my life, they would be "discipline" and "loving Christ".

I've mentioned in several of my previous regarding my need to settle down and control my youthful impulses. This is still ongoing. Being homeschooled makes schedules alien to me. I honestly let quite a lot of my time slip away, about a quarter or a fifth of my waking hours, I would presume. What I do during my wasted time will be discussed in the next topic of this post.

Well, I gotta deal with my laziness. I've taken the courage to impose a set of goals on myself again. I hope I can complete them, because my progress seems pretty grim. And I've always had some sort of confidence that I could rush everything if I wanted to, even at the last minute.

A lack of discipline is an unfitting characteristic for a believer. I put Christ to shame. Sorry, guys. I will try harder. Encourage me.

Christ is the one who holds all things together. He is the goal and the final resting point of all things. I've sort of taken this as a mere idea, but only lately did I suddenly have an increased realization that this was about His person. Christ is a person. Christ is a person. Christ is a person. He's real. He's tangible. He rejoices. He thunders. He rules. He judges. He's there. He is my Savior.

He is a person, the most important person there is (referring to Him as a representative of the Triune God, not apart from them, of course).

For some reason, in the midst of the theological bombardment I've received this week, the question arose again: "What is the main point?" I've accepted many different answers to the question in the past, and all of them have been correct from some perspective. But at last, all of them find their manifestation in Christ. It's amazing how much I have to learn for the different dimensions to stack up and reveal to me what was so basic to the early church: the Word became flesh.

You see, you treat a rock differently from how you treat a person. You treat a book differently from a person. You treat a meal differently from a person. A person has passion. And sometimes I can't stand that, because of my sin.

Christ loves me. And I hate that I've been hearing that phrase everywhere since I was born, because it makes it ordinary. It doesn't make me gasp in surprise. That's why I love to sing good hymns, because the lyricists deliver the truth in ways I've not been numbed to.

The person of Christ is what everything is leading up to. When we talk about the glory of God, He is it. He is that manifestation of glory, prophet, priest, and king, powerful and gentle, just and merciful, royal and humble, man and God. If I lose sight of Him, the waves will swallow me. He is everything.

And He loves me. I say that it is something I'm learning, because at this point, I can't take it in yet. I think I'm too fragile for that, such that if too much is revealed to me now about that, I will die.


* * * * *

PRAYER AND THOUGHT

I've always somewhat prided myself on being a thinker.

This has to stop. Not that thinking has to stop, but independent, autonomous thought. I have plenty of examples shown to me in real life about what can happen if you are too confident and inventive with your thinking. You start trying to lead God in the advancement of His church.

No, no, no. I must submit myself to God's thinking. Be a true prophet.

I have no idea why I have to separate praying and thinking. I mean, it's so convenient, at the very least, to integrate the two. What do I have to think about that I have to think independently of God?

Yes, this is what's eating up much of my time. I devote myself to my exciting journey of thought whenever things pop up into my head. It makes you feel intelligent, but it really is stupid.

There isn't too much to say here. I bet permeating my thoughts with prayer will be an antidote to the above two problems I've mentioned. I will start having sweeter, deeper, communion with Christ, and know how to spend my time wisely.

Okay, I'm tired. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment