Sunday, July 28, 2013

Bending God's Arm?

WHEN THINGS ARE GOING GREAT

I really have to jot this down, because it's such a sinful mindset to have.

Sometimes some situation arises that makes me feel like things are suddenly turning for the better in a certain area of my life. I would have some sense of glee, and perhaps, in a way, feel that things are "perfect".

Then I would notice this feeling. I'd sense that there's a lack of God in the midst of my sentiment.

Then comes the attempted coverup. Instead of admitting that I'm seeing things in a wrong light, I would merely seem to think that I've forgotten God or something.

I'd worry that to neglect Him would mean that things would "turn bad" again. So I'd go to Him in prayer, and it'd almost be like I'm trying to pretend to give thanks and acknowledge Him as the source of this "goodness", just so that things would continue to go the way I'd like it to.

I mean, what? It's like God wants me to like Him before He gives me what I want. It's like an exchange. And the problem is it's contradictory, because then what I really want isn't God Himself, but other things of His creation. Ultimately, I'm committed to pleasing myself. And I even try to use God to achieve this. Father, forgive me.

Thank God that He works according to His own will, and not my twisted ideas of how things should work out. His plans are best, and His plans succeed, no matter how things seem.

Be at peace. Be still and know He is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment